Traveling with children inevitably comes with its share of sickness. Exposure to germs in public places combined with long days can lead to exhaustion and compromised immune systems.
Medical treatment while traveling is a challenge in itself, so I do my best to prevent any issues by taking precautions before we leave. My family uses essential oils to support our overall wellness, and here are a few that I won’t leave home without!
● Thieves - I rub this on the bottoms of our feet for extra immune support. It’s also great for wiping down surfaces like airplane tray tables.
● R.C. - Apply to chest, neck, and throat to support respiratory functions. It is also energizing when applied before exercise.
● Lavender - This sweet, flora aroma promotes a calming environment and helps us to get a full night’s sleep. It also helps moisturize skin; great for when you get a little too much sun.
● Peppermint - My go-to for road trips. Peppermint oil is energizing and helps me stay alert when driving. It also helps aid healthy digestion.
● Stress Away - A must for any stressful situation! Stress Away combats normal stresses that creep into everyday life and encourages relaxation.
● Purification - Helps you to enjoy the great outdoors without pesky critters. You can also diffuse to purify and cleanse the air from foul odors.
● DiGize - I drink this in water as a dietary supplement when traveling to support the digestive system.
Each of these oils can be found in the Premium Starter Kit, which includes everything you need to get started using essential oils.
I also never leave home without my KidScents collection. These oil blends are specially formulated for little ones. They’re already diluted and can be used straight from the bottle.
My son knows that these bottles are *his* and asks for them by name when he feels like he needs them. TummyGize, Owie, and SniffleEase have saved us on so many trips.
If you’re traveling with oils by airplane, make sure to follow the rules for liquids in your carry-on luggage. You can request that your oils be hand checked by security instead to sending them through the x-ray machine, but it is up to their discretion if they will oblige. I’ve had no problems at some airports, and others said they must go through the x-ray equipment.
Do you use essential oils? What are your favorites to have on-hand?
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.**