As our family grows, finding lodging that fits become harder and harder. Everyone needs their own space, and no longer can we expect a few kids to curl up in the corner of one bed. We have unique needs as a larger family and were searching for lodging in Keystone to meet those needs. Red Hawk Townhomes was suggested to us as a perfect solution for a family that needs to spread out, but wants easy access to the slopes and the village.
What is there to Love about Red Hawk Townhomes?
- Amenities and details that really matter to families. Resorts are big on amenities, and while I definitely enjoy a heated floor in the bathroom or a fluffy bathrobe, what really speaks my language are extras that make my job as a mom a little easier. Because the Red Hawk Townhomes are actually private residences, they have the touches that make them more like home. I am thrilled that there is actually room for my larger than average family, and that I can cook in the fully stocked kitchen to save some cash on feeding said larger family. But, I am just awestruck by the washer and dryer. After a day on the slopes, it is better than chocolate to throw the muddy clothes in the wash and the wet gloves in the dryer. Better than chocolate, people!
~Large Dining Room Table and Fully Stocked Kitchen~
- Walk to the Slopes. Red Hawk Townhomes are one of the closest lodging options to the River Run Gondola that don’t have the high ski-in/ski-out prices. The condos are so close to the Gondola, in fact, that people pay a premium to park in the lots that are just outside. No need to park (or pay) when you can just step out of your condo and hit the slopes.
- Another word about location. The townhomes are tucked away at the outer edge of River Run Village with spectacular views of the mountain and forest surrounding the homes. This offers a secluded and very quiet ambience in the condo, as they are hidden away from the activity in the village and any traffic. During our visit, I felt as if we had the entire area to ourselves, even though the reality was that the weekend was a crowed one on the mountain. After the bustle of the slopes, it was nice to have a private retreat. Do keep in mind though, that this seclusion can have a slight drawback depending on your plans while in Keystone. Red Hawk is about as far as possible from the Resort Transportation pickup, so if you plan to spend much time at Mountain House or other parts of the Resort, you will have to hoof it.
- Extra, Extra, Extra. All the extras that make a resort extra special are included with the rental. An outdoor heated pool and two hot tubs are situated with gorgeous views of the mountains. Heated garages are available for each unit should you choose to drive to the mountains. Access to the Red Hawk Lodge, with game room includes pool table, board games and a large area for watching TV and hanging out. Ski lockers, workout room, outdoor grilling. The list of extras goes on and on.
- A place to call home. It might be the Texas in us, but skiing is exhausting. At the end of the day we really crave a place to stretch out and relax that feels like home. A cramped hotel room just doesn’t cut it. The condo is an inviting place to recharge for the next day on the slopes, giving us a little bit of vacation with our boots on and off.
~Keystone Resort provided our accomodations during our stay. They did not require that I express a particular viewpoint and all opinions are my own.~